Please read these instructions carefully so that you fully understand your responsibilities. Failure to comply with these rules may result in you being unable to book rooms in Dunedin Community House.
If you are using a room after hours you are responsible for building security.
The front door is to be left open 9am to 5:30pm on working days. At all other times it should be locked.
The door locks electronically when shut.
- It can be unlocked from inside pushing the green button inside the lobby.
- From outside an electronic tag is used by holding tag in front of scanner located to the left of the red doors.
- There is an intercom system with a door release button beside the light switch in the Brian Arnold and Alexander MacMillan Rooms to let people into the building. Guests can buzz the appropriate button to the left of the front door. Upstairs = Alexander Macmillan. Downstairs = Brian Arnold
If you want to leave the front door open for your guests you must have someone present at the door at all times.
You can let guests know about the call buttons for each room to the left of the front door.
Checks to do when leaving
- All lights and heaters are turned off
- Windows are closed
- Your dishes are in the dishwasher and it is running
- You’ve left the room neat and tidy, and cleared any rubbish
- No unauthorised people are in the building
- The door is locked behind you when you leave
Remember to take your things with you.
Please clean up any mess, cloths are available at the stations and in the Kitchen.
Vacuum cleaners are in the workroom downstairs and the cupboard off the Alexander McMillan Room.
Please let Reception know if there were any problems.
Getting into the building after hours
You’ll need an entry tag to get in. You can pick this up from Reception during opening hours. Call 03 471 6150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this or ask at reception, you’ll need to sign for the tag.
Keys are only given for the specific reason of accessing the building for the purpose of the booked meeting.
Regular bookers can, by arrangement, hold an entry tag.
Failure to observe the security requirements may result in no longer having access to Dunedin Community House after hours.
Fire Evacuation Procedures
Read the Fire Notices posted around the building.
Let meeting attendees know where the emergency exits are and what to do in the event of an emergency.
In the event of fire
- Notify others of the fire by activating the fire alarm.
- Please call 111 and report the fire. (1111 from DCH phones)
- Move directly to the car park via the exits on each floor.
- The meeting place is in the car park next to the bright yellow Krazy Dealz store. Stay until everyone is accounted for.
- If during office hours Fire Wardens will provide information, follow their instructions. Let them or the Fire Service know of any concerns.
- If out of hours contact the House on 0800 113172.
Maximum number of users in each room is
Alexander McMillan 56
Brian Arnold 20
Staff Room 24
Please do not exceed these numbers, it is for your own safety.
Each room has a kit with a cloth and cleaning spray, an extension and multibox.
There is hot water on tap available in the service areas on the ground floor and first floor and in the kitchen adjacent to the Alexander MacMillan Room. Mugs, glasses and crockery are available in each place.
There are dishwashers in the ground floor service area and first floor kitchen.
Please use the dishwasher for any dirty dishes.
Toilets are located on both floors, including accessible toilets.
There is a lift near reception.
If you find anything that is not working or needs attention please let us know.
If you’d like the room set up a particular way or have any questions please ask – 03 471 6150 email@example.com.
All dishes used must be placed in the dishwasher and the dishwasher turned on. Dishwasher tablets are in the cupboard next to the dishwasher.
If you generate large amounts of rubbish please remove it when you leave. If we have to clear it we may charge you for that.
Tea and Coffee
Booking rates are posted at dch.org.nz please ask at reception if you are unsure of costs, call us on 03 471 6150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bills are sent out at the end of the month and are payable by the 20th of the month following the booking.
A booking that is cancelled with one week or less notice may incur charges. We will be as flexible as we can but having a booking in the calendar can mean we lose the opportunity for alternative bookings.
We don’t offer catering but can help you find local suppliers, just ask!
There are no parks available for room bookers unfortunately.
Farmer’s Car Park has all day and hourly parking available next door. Full details are on Wilson Parking’s website.
Please take care of any equipment you use. Only use whiteboard markers for the whiteboards.
You can hire a projector and sound system from us.
Offices are used at weekends and in the evenings, please keep noise to a reasonable level.
In the event of an emergency please call the emergency services on 111. If using a House phone 1111.
If the emergency services aren’t need call the House out of hours number: 0800 113172.
Guest WiFi is available without a password.
Toilets are available on each floor including accessible toilets.
There is a shower in the accessible toilet upstairs.